Job Title: Centre Operations Officer (Bilingual: Chinese and English)
Location: Islington Chinese Association (London N19 4NG)
Rates: £22,800 – £25,200 per annum
Hours: 5 days /35 hours per week (excluding lunch break)
Report to: CEO
ROLE OF CENTRE OPERATIONS OFFICER
The Centre Operations Officer is responsible for the day to day smooth running of the Islington Chinese Association (ICA) and the main responsibilities include:
1. Managing a volunteer work force
Recruit, cultivate, coordinate and supervise a team of member-volunteers to facilitate activities and centre operations on a day-to-day basis.
2. Managing the maintenance of the premises
This includes scheduling regular servicing of amenities, agreeing specifications for renovation projects, obtaining quotes and procuring trade crews and volunteers, coordinating minor repairs and renovation works
Ensure all stakeholders are aware of health and safety regulations and make sure that the Centre is a safe place for all users
3. Services for members
– Work closely with the staff team to promote the uptake of membership subscription and achieve the membership development targets
– Manage the venue booking system and coordinate with hirers for their venue bookings
– Promote uptake of the Luncheon Club services and ensure financial viability in the long run
– Manage kitchen staff and supporting helpers to produce a nutritious revolving menu at good margins, minimising wastage, working to highest standards of food hygiene
– Keep accurate statistics and attendance records of centre activities and produce regular reports for management and funders.
4. Office administration
– Organise the collection of takings for all activities and cash reimbursement of costs; keep faithful records of income, expenses and bankings on Excel (and Sage eventually, with training); raise sales invoices for hire and occasional bookings
– Operate and maintain an effective filing system for the Centre
– Keep the MC and staff team apprised of the Centre’s developments Handle complaints, solicit user feedback
– Conduct DBS checks for staff and volunteers
– Assist the staff team in organising Festivals and Special Events
– Work closely with the staff team in fielding telephone and face-to-face enquiries, taking bookings, provide staff cover and undertake any other appropriate duties as requested from time to time by the Management Committee and the CEO.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
– Fluent in written English and Chinese, and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to produce succinct correspondence and reports
– A good team player with positive attitude, good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
– Excellent time management; ability to multi-task to manage a busy workload daily and meet deadlines
– IT competent and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Google Workplace, social media, online meeting and content management applications (e.g. WordPress)
– Good numeracy skills and highly organised to keep daily transaction and activity records, handle bills and invoices.
– Basic technical knowledge of building and facility maintenance
– Experience in managing membership programme, customer service, and implementing new initiatives
– Flexible (may need to work occasionally in “unsociable hours” and handle emergencies)
All those interested please send your letter of application and CV to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a written test and interview. The successful candidate is expected to start work asap.
You must be logged in to post a comment.